Friday, May 12, 2006

Random randomness

My new favorite word is "sorp." (Don't worry - I checked: it's not a real word.)

I decided the difference between "Clocks" and "Speed of Sound" (both by Coldplay) is the following (besides the lyrics and titles): "Clocks" is from the album "A Rush of Blood to the Head," while "Speed of Sound" is from "X & Y"; the rhythm of "Clocks" is the following - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8, while "Speed of Sound," at the same tempo, is - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 (and I just learned this text box doesn't recognize boldness when you cut and paste . . .); while the chord progression is similar in both, the background piano part in "Clocks" starts 8 5 3 8 5 3 8 5 7b 5 3b 7b 5 3b . . . and the "Speed of Sound" piano line starts 1, 1, 5 4 1b, 1b, 5 4 . . . Hmm.

Yesterday I had my first encounter with a crepe maker (machine, not person):

Very interesting experience. I would recommend using a recipe that doesn't have any butter/oil/etc. in it, since you stick the cooker part in the shallow pan part, and it doesn't grab the batter too well if it's too oily.

1 Comments:

Blogger "The Landlord" said...

Wierd

Oh, and about the car this friday... I kinda forgot we're supposed to go to vegas... SORRY!
B

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home