Tuesday, March 28, 2006

More on Flirting . . .

So, the discussion regarding flirting has continued, and I had the opportunity to explore my actual feelings on what was previously discussed, and, with the help of an inquisitive friend or two, I was able to come to a personal conclusion (which I leave open for commentary):

I believe one can be "a flirt" without knowing it. I had always thought of flirting as some sort of conscious action, where one person willingly seeks to make clear some level of personal interest in a person of the opposite sex. But, reconsidering it, I realized that, regardless of the intentions of "the flirter," if those to whom those actions are directed may interpret/misinterpret the flirter's actions as possible interest in them, then those actions should, in fact, be considered flirting. (It's times like these when I value, and again disregard in my personal communications, the notion of giving up commas for Lent . . .) Hmm.

(I do in fact realize that, especially with the way I write things, the thoughts I put down here probably don't make any sense to anyone else, so if you understand something or other here, consider yourself lucky.) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home