Friday, February 10, 2006

NEW thoughts on dating??

I thought I'd take a moment to comment on the new aspect of my life that is my 18-year-old sister, Rachel, having a boyfriend. The first thought that came to mind (or ONE of the first--probably after "Wow, that was fast") was, "Finally, some nice young man [besides family members] sees just how cool our sister is."

Well, then followed the flurry of other thoughts, including:
- "I would never hold a girl's hand on a first date" (contrary to Cassandra's suppositions)
- "What does she like about him?" (explanation: there are tons of things to like about him, but I'm still curious what it is that she sees in him)
- "How would I feel if Rachel were to get married (anytime soon)?"
- "Is it really just time to let Rachel grow up, at least a little bit, or should we work to keep her from growing up too much?"
- "I wonder how/if I would've acted differently with any of the girls I dated if there had been a big brother around--or had I had that mentality?"

That's all that comes to mind at the moment, but there may be more to come . . .

4 Comments:

Blogger It's Not a Tuba said...

Note: they just broke up. Hmm. I suppose some of the thoughts still apply, while others don't quite. :)

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well one of my brothers said that I wasn't allowed to date when I came to BYU which I think was a slight overreaction, but needless to say, you are not alone in those sorts of thoughts.

9:07 PM  
Blogger BlueAdagio said...

I didn't know they broke up...
When?

I'm so sad.

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pappy gave me a sign to display as a freshman - picture this - 2 guys in suits with the letters R and M under them, all surrounded by a circle with a slash in the middle of it... I wonder what message he might have been trying to send to his freshman daugher... ;) By the way, I think your origional thoughts were great and very on target with what I think several of us were thinking - well, except that I'm a girl instead of a boy...

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home