Monday, May 22, 2006

(So as not to say only good things about myself . . .)

I've found myself to be . . . 'annoyingly independent' lately. Kind of like a little kid, maybe putting on shoes a way that's just wrong, never willing to accept help from anyone. Luckily, it doesn't seem to be seeping into every aspect of my life, but I've seen it a couple of times so far.

The first time I noticed it was when my new roommate, Marty, seemed to think that I needed to know how he cuts his strawberries - and he wouldn't let me do it the way I felt more comfortable without making sure I at least tried doing it his way. It was rather frustrating. Not only did I not want to have anyone tell me I was doing something wrong in the cooking world, but I just didn't like the way he wanted me to do it. Hmm.

The other example that comes to mind was the adamance (or 'adamancy' - if they're both words, why do they both exist?) the same roommate showed in explaining how much money he's saved since he stopped buying shaving cream . . . Apparently he just uses (cheap) soap now, instead. I think I felt much better about this conversation than the earlier one, probably because I had a response to his comment that I was more satisfied with: soap dries out my skin too much. :: roll eyes ::

Anyways. And I'm pretty sure something happened with a new guy at work that I just didn't like. Well - one such instance (though I'm sure there are others) was when he thought he knew what was going on in my phone conversation with a truck driver, and he thought his directions would be the be-all/end-all to get him here. Whatever.

I guess it's kind of a natural thing to feel how I do about these conversations, but I guess the real problem I'm finding with what's going on with me lately is that these things are kind of bugging me . . . Like I don't have control over my own reactions. I think it will just take a little work, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger pinkfluffysparkle said...

It sounds like it's more of an assertiveness issue to me...Maybe being more adamant about the boundaries that you create, and an issue of them not respecting boundaries that you create. But, that's just my opinion of course...

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home