Thursday, July 20, 2006

"Stay away from the Village, People"

Pretty crazy night. I finally watched The Village, and I really think I like it a lot. I really wish I would've watched it, for the first time, at least, in a theater, where there would be, ideally, considerably fewer distractions. It was pretty tough to stay 'caught up' in it, given the goings-on of the apartment. But I really think I like it anyways.

Mostly, I think what stuck with me was 1) the love story - how Lucius and Ivy related with each other, along with what they did for each other, 2) the cinematography - the emotional build-up of a couple of key scenes, along with the themes they had in there (mostly their holding hands, reaching, etc.), and 3) the moral questions of the way the elders ran the village and why, etc.


Besides finding a movie that I think I'll have to own, at least at some point, I had a pleasantly exciting night in that I got asked on two dates during the course of the evening (both upon returning phone calls that I received during the movie - the lesson? . . .). Gratefully, the dates of the dates didn't conflict with one another or with anything I have/had planned for the coming weekends. Neither invitation was what I would call 'expected,' but both are from girls I would have liked to ask out, and probably would have, at least eventually . . .

Anyways, I guess it's not something that happens every day, so I felt to share it. Thank you.

2 Comments:

Blogger "The Landlord" said...

SO glad to get your opinions again!
I've been wanting to see that movie lately - I think I will now have to see it.
Well, keep on a postin! And good luck on these dates! You've been a maniac lately!
B

11:06 PM  
Blogger BlueAdagio said...

Dating maniac...haha...told you so.


psst...I know Bianca was going to ask you ask...we previously discussed when your tie date was so as to not conflict with the night she would ask you out, but who's the other???

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home